Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, but the kind of mold that resides in your house or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores move through the air and enter structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a location on shoes, clothing and animals. It is basically impossible for you to stop mold entering your house. It’s only when there is mold growing in your home that you need to be worried. Having an expert to turn to that can tell you the type of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert that can orchestrate the optimal way for treatment and perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of experience in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your best option is working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services in conjunction with basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your home and major health problems to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, does adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it’s found in, this means the longer it remains without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the types of mold growing in your house and effectively handle treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microbes.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in any given structure, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid with helping make your home safe and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which grows indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It spreads in porous, overtly moist environments such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold areas and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly located in soft goods and grows and moves in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know you have mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing required to eradicate damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.